Sunday, March 4, 2012

Eggdrop Soup Recipe!

So, a month or so ago I discovered this really simple recipe for an eggdrop soup that I can eat! I have many food allergies but strangely, eggs are not one of them. This soup is so good, very light, and easy to make. If you have an egg allergy, you can still make this soup without the eggs. Also, if you listen to Patsy Cline while making this meal, the whole cooking experience is ten times better! <3

                                    Step One: Put a large pot on the stove and turn it on high.


        Step Two: Once the water is boiling, add noodles (I'm allergic to wheat, so I use potato noodles).

the noodles!




push the noodles down into the pot
Step Three: Wait six minutes for your noodles to cook, and then pour them into a strainer.


I pour cold water on the noodles because potato noodles fall apart and leave a wierd coating once they're cooked (the water washes off the coating)
           Step Four: Pour two (1 quart) containers of chicken broth into the (now empty) pot, and turn the stove on high again.


Step Five: Add one handful of fresh thyme to the pot of broth and let it all boil.


Step Six: While you are waiting for your broth to boil, crack and wisk three eggs into a small bowl.


make sure the eggs are wisked thoroughly!


Step Six: Once the broth is boiling, add the cooked noodles into the pot.


Step Seven: Slowly stream in the eggs with one hand, and constantly stir with the other! This adds the little eggdrops in the soup, and it's rather tasty!



Step Eight: Pour a serving into a bowl and enjoy! (I use chopsticks with this meal because it's the easiest way to eat it,  and also because I love eating with chopsticks! Ha ha.)


Have a fabulous day, and let me know if you try out this recipe! As a girl who's allergic to TONS of food, this is one of my favorite meals ever and I'm so happy to be able to share it! <3 


Eat Happy!


 Love from, Grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment